Thursday, April 15, 2010

Hanging Nasturtiums


Tuesday I drove to Boston to see my daughter Felicity. We walked to the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum, past flowering redbud, forsythia, crabapple, dogwood and pear trees, tulips and daffodils. At the Museum, we saw the 20 foot long hanging nasturtiums flowing out of the 3rd floor balconies into the courtyard - BEAUTIFUL! They are displayed every April, in honor of Mrs. Gardner's birthday. Photography is not allowed, so the image here is from a card I purchased in the gift shop, to send to my mom.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They're looooooong and lean!

Penmad said...

I love that museum, although it has been many years since I've been. Like before the paintings were stolen!
The hanging nasturtiums are great, the whole courtyard looks very Italian, another fav place of mine.
Liz Penney
ps I hope I am one of the painting winners!